ARLINGTON, Va. - The Gallaudet University women's swimming and diving program traveled over to Marymount (Va.) University here Saturday for the Saints' home opener as they hosted a double-dual meet that also included Goucher College.
GU lost 191-55 to Marymount and 206-49 to Goucher. The host Saints defeated Goucher, 147-110.
Gallaudet's 200-yard freestyle relay finished fourth overall but earned second-place points against Goucher and third-place points against Marymount with a time of 2:19.32. The relay consisted of senior Jessica Monroe (Senoia, Ga.) and freshmen Dakota Ronco (La Mesa, Calif.), Paola Sarabia (Yuma, Ariz.) and Rebecca Vides (Haleiwa, Hawaii).
Monroe placed fourth overall in the 100-yard butterfly (1:22.21) but earned second-place points against Goucher and third-place points against Marymount. Monroe was GU's first swimmer to finish the 500-yard freestyle (6:51.06), fourth overall, as Ronco was sixth (8:25.00).
Vides finished fourth overall in several events as she earned key team points against Marymount and Goucher. Vides finished the 1,000-yard freestyle with a time of 15:23.02 and the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:33.95.
- Gallaudet's 200-yard medley relay finished with a time of 3:15.23, fifth overall
- Sarabia was the first Bison to complete the 50-yard breaststroke (49.50), fifth overall
- Sophomore Jaelynn King (Springfield, Pa.) was close behind Sarabia in the 50-yard breastroke (51.42), sixth overall
- Vides was sixth overall in the 100-yard IM with a time of 1:25.68
- Junior Alyssa Castillo (Fresno, Calif.) was the first GU swimmer in the 200-yard freestyle (3:31.51), sixth overall
- Monroe was GU's top swimmer in the 100-yard backstroke (1:26.69), seventh overall
- Freshman Solimar Aponte-Huertas (Williamsfield, Ohio) placed seventh in the 50-yard freestyle (40.00)
- Ronco was Gallaudet's first swimmer to finish the 50-yard backstroke (42.80) and 100-yard freestyle (1:17.56), seventh overall
GU is off next week before the Bison travel to Bridgewater, Va., for a double-dual meet on Saturday, Nov. 2, against Hollins University and Bridgewater (Va.) College at 1 p.m.