BRIDGEWATER, Va. - The Gallaudet University women's swimming and diving program swam in a double-dual meet here Saturday against Hollins University and the host Eagles from Bridgewater (Va.) College.
Gallaudet (0-6) lost its meet with Hollins, 169-71, and fell to Bridgewater, 173-67. The Eagles defeated Hollins, 135-104 in the other part of the meet.
Senior Jessica Monroe (Senoia, Ga.) finished third overall in the 800-meter freestyle and earned second-place points against Bridgewater and Hollins with a time of 12:40.86.
Monroe was fourth overall in the 100-meter butterfly (1:36.86) but earned second-place points against Hollins.
Freshman Dakota Ronco (La Mesa, Calif.) was fifth in a highly contested 50-meter freestyle as Ronco touched the wall in 38.30 seconds.
Freshman Jenna Kutsov (Newark, Calif.) placed fourth overall in the 100-meter breaststroke with a time of 2:09.84. Freshman Paola Sarabia (Yuma, Ariz.) took fourth place, overall, in the 100-meter IM (2:00.74).
- Monroe took fifth overall in the 100-meter backstroke (1:39.34)
- Ronco was fifth overall in the 100-meter freestyle (1:28.89)
- Skyler Officer was fifth overall in the 50-meter breaststroke (1:01.07)
- Junior Alyssa Castillo (Fresno,Calif.) was fifth overall in the 50-meter butterfly (1:06.66)
- Sophomore Jaelynn King (Springfield, Pa.) was sixth overall in the 50-meter backstroke (54.77)
Gallaudet will dive into North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) competition next Saturday, Nov. 9, as the Bison travel north to Aurora, N.Y., to take on Wells College.