WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet University women's swimming and diving program opened up the 2017-18 season at home here Saturday before a packed crowd in the Field House pool. The Bison came up short as Frostburg State University won 216-44 thanks to its depth.
Sophomore Jackie Perkins (Hampton, Va.) was second in the 50-yard breaststroke as she touched the wall in 35.41 seconds as she was under three seconds away from first place. Perkins also took second in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:19.20). Perkins was third in the 50-yard butterfly (33.99 seconds)
The Bobcats swept many of the women's events as they took the first three spots.
- Junior Alyssa Hanbury (Orlando, Fla.) was third in the 50-yard backstroke with a time of 37.70 seconds, a new personal best time
- Hanbury was fourth in the 100-yard IM (1:26.87)
- Junior Alisia Metante (Pleasanton, Calif.) was third in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 30.39 seconds.
- Sophomore Jessica Monroe (Senoia, Ga.) was third in the 500-yard freestyle (6:55.0)
- The quartet of Hanbury, Perkins, Monroe and Metante formed the GU 200-yard medley relay and finished third (2:16.72)
- There were 14 events
Gallaudet is off for a week before it dives back into the pool on Saturday, Oct. 28, with a road meet at Sweet Briar at 2 p.m.