|Previous College:||Cincinnati '10|
|Master's Degree:||Concordia Irvine '15|
|Year at Gallaudet:||8th|
Stevens is entering her eighth season as head coach for the Gallaudet University women's basketball team. Stevens has served as the departmen'ts Health and Wellness Liaison since 2013.
Stevens was named the new women's basketball head coach on July 2, 2012. Stevens returned to Kendall Green after spending one year as the Coordinator of Recruiting Operations for the nationally ranked University of Maryland women’s basketball program. She served as assistant coach under former Gallaudet women’s basketball head coach Kevin Cook during the 2010-11 season when the Bison posted a 24-4 record, were ranked for over a month and made the NCAA Division III tournament for the first time since 1999.
The Maryland Terrapins won the 2012 ACC championship and advanced to the NCAA Division I tournament regional final (Elite 8) before losing to Notre Dame. Maryland finished with a 31-5 record and was ranked fifth in the nation.
The Bison made a second straight appearance in the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) tournament during the 2014-15 season as GU finished as quarterfinalists. Under the leadership of Stevens the Bison posted their best conference mark (13-7) during her tenure. For the second straight year the Bison won 14 or more games and 11 or more conference wins. Zamica Gage was named to the All-NEAC second team.
Stevens experienced her best season in her young career as Gallaudet posted a 15-12 overall record and 11-5 conference record. GU advanced to the NEAC tournament semifinals as senior Lindsay Stergio earned all-conference first team honors and was picked to the D3hoops.com All-Region third team.
In her first season as the head coach of the Bison women's basketball program the Bison posted a 7-18 record and 5-13 mark in conference play. Stergio earned All-NEAC second team honors.
Stevens is a native of Pickerington, Ohio, and attended Pickerington Central for high school where she played basketball and was named Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association Division I Player of the Year and selected to the all-state first team during her senior season (2006). She was rated the 33rd best point guard in her class in the nation.
Stevens attended the University of Cincinnati where she lettered four years in women’s basketball for the Bearcats. She was a four-time BIG EAST All-Academic Team selection and was named to the University of Cincinnati Dean’s List every semester for four years. She was also a member of Cincinnati’s Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) for four years. She graduated in 2010 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Special Education with a focus on Sign Language Interpreting and Deaf Studies. During the spring of 2010, Stevens interned as an interpreter with a local Family Service Association in Cincinnati to help with community services for the deaf.
Stevens earned her Master of Arts in Coaching and Athletic Administration from Concordia University Irvine (Calif.) in May 2015.
Stevens currently resides in Silver Spring, Md.
If you are interested in playing or working with the women's basketball program, please contact Coach Stevens at email@example.com.
COACH STEVENS' RECORD AT GALLAUDET
|2012-13||7-18||5-13||Lindsay Stergio named to All-NEAC 2nd team|
|2013-14||15-12||11-5||NEAC Tournament Semifinalist,
Lindsay Stergio (All-NEAC 1st Team, D3Hoops All-Region 3rd Team, ECAC All-Star 2nd team)
|2014-15||14-11||13-7||NEAC Tournament Quarterfinalist, Zamica Gage named to All-NEAC 2nd team|
|2015-16||15-12||13-7||NEAC Tournament Semifinalist,
Zamica Gage named to All-NEAC 1st Team, D3Hoops All-Region 3rd Team
|2016-17||3-22||3-17||Six honorees on the NEAC Scholar-Athlete list|
|2017-18||13-14||9-7||NEAC Tournament Semifinalist,
Hannah Neild named to D3Hoops.com All-Region 3rd Team, All-NEAC 1st Team
|2018-19||17-10||13-3||NEAC Tournament Runner-up, NEAC Coach of the Year, NEAC Player of the Year, Two All-NEAC selections (one on 1st team, one on 2nd team)
Hannah Neild named Jostens Trophy finalist, Google Cloud Academic All-America First Team and Team Member of the Year, D3hoops.com All-Region 1st Team
STEVENS IN THE NEWS
- 02/21/19 Stevens named NEAC Coach of the Year, Neild takes home NEAC Player of the Year honors, two All-NEAC selections
- 07/19/18 Gallaudet quintet traveled to Italy to participate in Beyond Sports Summer Tour
- 07/18/18 Gallaudet's Stephanie Stevens selected to NCAA women's basketball rules committee
- 01/25/18 Gallaudet coach Stephanie Stevens on Hoopsville this Thursday night
- 09/15/17 Bison athletic staffers receive University Service Awards
- 08/14/17 Gallaudet trio traveled to Spain to participate in Beyond Sports Tour this summer
- 11/23/16 Sister Act: Stevens sisters prepare to face each other this Sunday
- 10/17/16 Gallaudet's Stephanie Stevens appointed to WBCA's Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- 06/01/16 Gallaudet women's basketball coach Stephanie Stevens completes Marine Corps Coaches Workshop
- 03/25/16 Gallaudet's Stephanie Stevens named to WBCA Thirty Under 30 inaugural class
- 11/20/12 GU's Stephanie Stevens celebrates her first collegiate victory as head coach
- 07/12/12 Gallaudet women's basketball coach Stephanie Stevens featured in Friday's Washington Post
- 07/05/12 Stephanie Stevens named new Gallaudet University Women's Basketball Head Coach