WASHINGTON - Gallaudet University is one of eight teams left standing in Helmet Bowl III presented by Helmet Tracker. The Bison are the No. 2 seed in the South Region and are going up against No. 16 seed St. Thomas University (Fla.) in the quarterfinal round. The winner will advance to the semifinal round of the national tournament to find the best football helmet in the country.
People can vote by logging onto www.helmetbowl.com or via this direct link: https://helmettracker.com/helmet-bowl-iii-national-championship/.
Fans are encouraged to use all of their devices and browsers to vote, no need to login, until the polls close on Monday, Dec. 30, at 1 p.m. (EST).
Gallaudet's helmet won its conference (Eastern Collegiate Football Conference) for a third straight year and was seeded second in the South Region. In the first round, GU dispatched No. 15 seed Austin College Kangaroos (61 percent to 39 percent). In the second round, Gallaudet took down No. 9 seed Ole Miss from the Southeastern Conference (SEC) by the margin of 56 percent to 44 percent. In the third round, GU defeated No. 4 seed University of Richmond by the tally of 52 percent to 48 percent.
Gallaudet won Helmet Bowl I, two years ago, and reached the "Sweet 16" round last year before losing to Lafayette College. Dickinson College (NCAA Division III) won Helmet Bowl II last year.
Fans can vote daily from all of their devices here: https://helmettracker.com/helmet-bowl-iii-national-championship/.
- GU is one of two Division III schools left in the tournament
- Gallaudet was the fourth leading vote getter in the Sweet 16 round
- The Bison only won by over 100 votes over Richmond
- You don't need to vote on every match up
- There are three more rounds before Helmet Bowl III crowns its champion
- To help Gallaudet advance far in Helmet Bowl III, vote for Gallaudet and the entire right column of teams, especially Nebraska Kearney