WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - The Gallaudet University women's volleyball team wrapped up its North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) regular-season schedule here Saturday with a 3-1 win over Lancaster Bible College on the campus of Penn College.
The Bison (16-15, 11-2 NEAC) surprisingly lost the first set 22-25 to the Chargers (12-16, 7-5 NEAC), a day after GU lost in four sets to Penn St.-Berks. Gallaudet dug down and bounced back with three straight set wins 25-19, 25-18, 25-23.
Freshman middle hitter Adele Daniels (Frederick, Md.) led the Bison recording a double-double with 18 kills and 12 digs. Junior Jasmine Jeter (Noblesville, Ind.) set her teammates up with 45 assists, nine digs and four service aces. Junior outside hitter Darriyan Thomas (Vallejo, Calif.) added 15 kills, eight digs and two aces.
Emily Olson and Alyssa Bowen led the Chargers with 12 kills each in the loss.
- Freshman outside hitter Camryn Skari (Federal Way, Wash.) totaled five kills
- Freshman outside hitter Maria Elena Rendon (Espanola, N.M.) recorded eight digs, seven kills and two aces
- Defensive specialist Farrah Harmount (Union City, Calif.) had 16 digs
- The Bison tallied four blocks
- This is the fourth season the Bison have recorded double-digit NEAC wins in a season
GU returns home on Tuesday, Oct. 25, to host Shenandoah University at 7 p.m. in a non-conference match.