MORRISTOWN, N.J. - The Gallaudet University women's volleyball team defeated College of St. Elizabeth in straight sets here Sunday morning in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game held at Saint Joseph Hall.
Junior Darriyan Thomas (Vallejo, Calif.) led the way with 11 kills and eight digs. Freshman Adele Daniels (Frederick, Md.) recorded 10 kills, eight digs and four service aces. Junior Jasmine Jeter (Noblesville, Ind.) passed out 32 assists, made five digs and served up three service aces.
GU (10-10, 6-1 NEAC) started the first set slow but won 25-20 and finished the match with set wins of 25-15 and 25-20 over the Eagles (6-9, 3-5 NEAC).
- Freshman Camryn Skari (Federal Way, Wash.) had six kills, three digs, two block solos and two block assists
- Sophomore Shua Clay (Pembroke Pines, Fla.) added three kills, two block solos and one block assist
- Sophomore libero Raelyn Fuechtmann (South St. Paul, Minn.) led the team with 13 digs
- Freshman Maria Elena Rendon (Espanola, N.M.) added two kills and three block assists
- GU had nine service aces in the win
Gallaudet returns home for a non-conference game against Goucher College on Wednesday, Oct. 5, at 7 p.m. Prior to the start of the game the Bison will be recognized for receiving a 10th straight America Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) Team Academic Award. Plus, fans are encouraged to wear pink to show their support for cancer awareness during Dig Pink Night.