SHIPPENSBURG, Pa. - The Gallaudet University men's track and field season came to a close here Saturday at the Paul Kaiser Classic hosted by Shippensburg University. There were no team scores in the large meet.
Junior Gunner Hahn (Stevens Point, Wis.) finished eighth in the 110-meter hurdles as he finished fifth with a time of 15.97 seconds. Hahn finished 18th in the 400-meter hurdles as he posted a time of 1:03.15.
Sophomore Toraneau Varice (Deerfield Beach, Fla.) finished ninth in the 200-meter dash as he crossed the finish line in 22.21 seconds. Varice placed 18th (11.14) in the 100-meter dash after he finished second in his heat.
Freshman Nick Jones (Fulton, Mo.) was 14th in the 400-meter dash as he finished in 15.08 seconds.
Freshman JaQuan Thomas (Midway, Ga.) was GU's top thrower on the day as he took 17th in the shot put with a top throw of 12.19 meters (40 feet). Fellow freshman David Bradley (Miami Gardens, Fla.) was close behind in 24th place (10.57 meters) followed by senior Devaron Scott (Mocksville, N.C.) in 26th (10.03 meters) and sophomore Ronald Mattingly (Coconut Creek, Fla.) in 27th (9.57 meters).
Thomas took 29th in the discus with a toss of 33.69 meters (110 feet, six inches).
- Isaacson was 41st in the 800-meter run (2:07.32)
- Freshman Kai Christenberry (Birmingham, Ala.) was 36th in the 1,500-meter run (4:45.94)
- Freshman Harsh Shah (Philadelphia, Pa.) was 41st in the 1,500-meter run (6:05.42) just ahead of freshman David Hernandez (Jacksonville, Texas) in 42nd place (6:05.55)
- Joshua Branscomb (Memphis, Tenn.) was 38th in the 400-meter dash (57.87) followed by Dante Washington (Paterson, N.J.) in 39th place (58.36)
- Scott finished 32nd in the hammer (23.92 meters)
- Bradley was 35th in the discus (25.67 meters) followed by Scott in 36th place (19.43 meters)
- None of Gallaudet's jumpers recorded a height in the high jump and pole vault
This concludes the 2017 season for the Bison men's track and field program.