Gallaudet University athletics offers summer camps that give campers direct ASL instruction. Here is a list of our camps for this summer.
Questions or comments about Gallaudet athletic summer camps please contact:
Summer Camps and Clinic Coordinator
- National Deaf Girls Basketball Camp (June 15-19)
- Got Skills? Middle School Leadership and Sports Camp (June 24-July 13)
|When: June 15-19, 2017
Where: Maryland School for the Deaf in Frederick, Md.
Cost: $275 before May 15, $300 after May 15.
The fee covers lodging, meals, gear and WNBA experience.
Ages: Girls in 4th-12th grade (All skill levels welcome)
Time: Overnight/Residential camp
This 'first-class' camp is all about providing mentorship/role models for deaf female athletes as well as developing opportunities for young student-athletes on and off the court. The National Deaf Girls Basketball Camp is the only basketball camp for deaf females that provides direct communication amongst coaches and fellow campers while creating an unforgettable experience that cannot be found anywhere else.
- ASL instruction
- An evaluation from staff members that will include the campers' strengths and areas needing improvement
- Outstanding speakers (professional, college and high school coaches), who will discuss aspects of basketball
- WNBA game: Washington Mystics vs. Dallas Wings on Sunday, June 18, at 3 p.m.
- Awards to campers and winners of special contests
- Camp t-shirts and shorts for all participants
For more information, please contact
Gallaudet Women's Basketball Head Coach
National Deaf Girls Basketball Camp Director
- Camp Flyer (PDF)
|When: June 24-July 2, 2017
Where: Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C.
Cost: $600 per person
When: June 24-July 2, 2017
Ages: Middle School Students (6th-8th grade in Fall 2017)
Time: All Day/Overnight Camp
Designed for deaf and hard of hearing middle school students who will be in the 6th-8th grade in the Fall of 2017. Campers will design their own camp experience by choosing between blocks of leadership and/or sports programs.